Best Emerging Business Award
Who can enter the Best Emerging Business category?
This category is open to businesses that have been operating for less than two years as at the entry deadline date of Friday 28th July 2023, but have completed at least one year’s trading prior to date of entry. Judges will have the final say on whether an entrant fits into this category.
What are the judges looking for in this category?
The judges are seeking to recognise an emerging business that has a clear understanding of its competencies and its objectives has planned and is on track for achievable success.
- Significant achievements in developing the business
- Appreciation of skills required to operate a business including effective cash flow management and capital structures
- A sound knowledge of their business and market/s
- Demonstration of forward thinking/planning for long-term sustainability including business/marketing planning
- Risks taken and how they were managed
- Demonstration of effective systems and processes
- Proactive approach in seeking advice and/or funding
About Wynn Fraser – Sponsor of the Emerging Business Award
Wynn Fraser is the iconic home of paint and coatings supply and distribution in Northland, proudly delivering exceptional knowledge and service to our valued customers.
Having been established in 1948 the business has grown from a very small general store in Ruakaka, still visible on the state highway, to the largest independently own coatings distributer in New Zealand. The business was most recently purchased by Allan Gray in 2017. Supported by a talented team of colleagues who are committed to continuous improvement, we are proud to have won various industry awards not least being the Westpac Business of the Year Award on multiple occasions.