Excellence in Cultural and Creative Industries Award
Who can enter the Creative Northland Excellence in Cultural and Creative Industries category?
All individuals, businesses and organisations in the creative and cultural sector are encouraged to apply.
This specialist category rewards initiative, talent, creativity and entrepreneurship across the creative and cultural industries, recognising the central role they play in the development of a competitive and sustainable creative economy.
The cultural and creative industries are:
- Those sectors of organised activity that have as their main objective the production or reproduction, the promotion, distribution or commercialisation of goods, services and activities of content derived from cultural, artistic or heritage origins.
- This approach places the emphasis on goods, services and activities of a cultural/ artistic and or heritage nature, whose origin lies in human creativity, whether past or present.
- It also underscores the necessary functions of each aspect of the cultural value chain that allows goods, services and activities to reach a public and market.
- Therefore this definition is not limited to only the output of human creativity and industrial reproduction but includes other activities that contribute to the creation and distribution of cultural and creative products.
- Cultural and Natural Heritage: Museums, Archaeological and Historical Places, Cultural landscapes, Natural Heritage
- Performance and Celebration: Performing Arts, Music, Festivals, Fairs and Feasts
- Visual Arts and Crafts: Fine Arts, Photography, Crafts (can include Floral Design)
- Books and Press: Books, Newspaper and Magazines (also virtual), Libraries and Other printed matter (publishers)
- Audio Visual and Interactive Multi-Media: Radio and TV (also internet live streaming, podcasting, video games (also online), Digital storytelling, moving image, animation, video and audio (sound), computer graphics.
- Design and Creative Services: Fashion Design (can include Cosplay), Graphic Design, Interior Design, Landscape Design, Architectural Services, Advertising Services
- Nga Toi Maori (Maori Creativity) oral traditions and expressions, rituals, language and social practices
All these cultural domains are underpinned by
- Education and Training
- Archiving and Preserving
- Equipment and supporting materials
About Creative Northland
Creative Northland has an ongoing commitment to ensure the arts sector in Northland is dynamic, thriving and influential. We do this through professional development workshops and audience development initiatives collaborating with regional, national and international connections in the creative industries.