He Poutama Taitamariki Award (Youth Employee of the Year)
He Poutama Taitamariki Award (Youth Employee of the Year) nominees, will be young people who have moved from receiving support as a Ministry of Social Development or Youth Services client into sustained employment.
This award focuses on the young person’s achievement in demonstrating excellence in their work having overcome adversity or challenges in their life. This award also recognises the role of the employer in creating conditions fostering success and sustainability.
Nominees must reside in Northland, or be in employment in the Northland region.
- Nominees should have previously been receiving support as an MSD or Youth Services client within the past 2-3 years
- Nominees must have been in employment for at least 12 months
- The nominee inspires others to achieve and has made a significant life change as a result of sustained employment.
Nominees must be aged between 18 and 25 years of age on 15 September 2023.
To nominate yourself or another young person for this award, please complete the nomination form or submit a voice memo entry below.
Voice memo entries should include answers to the questions in the nomination form below, be a maximum of two minutes long, and no larger than 250MB.
Please note: one nomination per person.
Call for Nominations for He Poutama Taitamariki Award (Youth Employee of the Year)
Nominations have now closed for 2023
About the Ministry of Social Development – Supporter of the He Poutama Taitamariki Award (Youth Employee of the Year)
The Ministry of Social Development (MSD) delivers public services for New Zealanders through:
- employment, income support and superannuation services
- funding to community service providers
- social policy and advice to government
- student allowances and loans
- social housing assistance.
In Northland, the focus is on making a positive and lasting difference in the lives of Northland people, by supporting whanau to take the lead in shaping their future.