Jeroen Jongejans Innovate Northland Award
Who can enter the Jeroen Jongejans Innovate Northland category?
An individual or company that has an innovation that meets the entry criteria set out in the Innovate Northland entry guidelines.
What are the judges looking for in this category?
NorthChamber and Northland Inc with the support of local industry, are supporting and encouraging the next generation of Northland businesses by promoting that good ideas, coherently constructed, can generate valued and sustainable businesses.
This award is a celebration of a good idea rather than a rigorous business model. It focuses on the product more than on the company, however the following attributes will be measured in judging:
- Level of technical stretch (innovation)
- Path to market (market research)
- Investment and returns (business model, sale price, cost of material, projected revenue etc)
- Ability to deliver (project well planned and scoped, risk assessment, funding options identified etc)
- Call for entries 3 April 2023
- Entries close 11 August 2023
- The judges will complete a desk top study of the Innovate Northland entries, then meet with the entrants, where you are invited to pitch and the judges will ask questions if they need further information.
- Overall winner named on the night of the Awards Presentation and Celebration Evening Friday 3rd November 2023
About Northland Inc – Sponsor of the Jeroen Jongejans Innovate Northland Award
Northland Inc, Northland’s economic development agency, works with communities and strategically important partners to create jobs and business and investment opportunities that will strengthen, diversify and grow the region’s economy.
Programmes that support new technology, collaborative workspaces, incubators, technology hubs, and supporting creativity and innovation are important to an economically sustainable and competitive future. Northland Inc’s team of business, innovation and growth professionals provide targeted support for innovation activities that educate, empower and enable new opportunities for stronger entrepreneurial culture and growth in Northland.