We all know that the business landscape has changed dramatically in 2020 so it’s only fitting that NorthChamber is taking the opportunity to celebrate the Northland business community in a different way this year and is proud to introduce a very special one-off event – Westpac Northland Business Champions!
Westpac Northland Business Champions 2020 is a community focused event that offers ALL Northlander’s the opportunity to nominate ANY Northland business or business person who they believe has shown leadership, adapted and thrived during incredibly tough times with the Northland wide drought and pressures from the COVID-19 crisis. It is widely recognised that adversity brings innovation, resilience and most importantly cements relationships and the way we approach business. NorthChamber can’t wait to share the stories of Northland’s business champions with the region.
Northland’s Business Champions’ will be chosen via a simple, community driven nomination process, where public support will help determine the shortlisted finalists before a panel of judges takes on the tough task of choosing the winners!
The public will be able to nominate businesses and business people across a range of Champion categories, including: Workplace Safety Champion, Environmental Champion, Creative Industries Champion, He Poutama Taitamariki Champion (Youth Employee of the Year), Innovation Champion, Not for Profit Champion, and the coveted More FM Northland Customer Service Champion and The Northern Advocate Business Hall of Fame Inductee.
The overall champion will be taking home the Westpac Northland Business Champions – Supreme Leadership Award at the celebration event, on Friday 6th November 2020 at Forum North, where over 300 Northland Business Champion category finalists, sponsors and supporters will gather to congratulate the winners called to the stage and to celebrate our Northland business community.
NorthChamber CEO, Stephen Smith believes, “Now more than ever, the Northland business community will benefit from coming together to share some of their journeys, experiences, and success stories in light of an extremely challenging business landscape, as we all look to pave the way forward in our ‘new normal’.”
Who can nominate for or be nominated for a Northland Business Champion?
- ANYONE can nominate ANY Northland business or business person who they believe has has shown leadership, adapted and thrived during incredibly tough times for the business community in 2020.
- All Northland businesses with a physical presence and business people who reside in Northland are eligible for nomination.
- Only one self-nomination is allowed by the business owner, person or organisation.
- Businesses owners, staff, suppliers and customers may nominate a business or business person.
- Individuals can nominate as many businesses or business people as they wish.
Key Dates for 2020
Monday 20 July – Friday 28 August
- Public nominations open for all categories
Monday 31 August – Friday 25 September
- Nominations are collated and finalists shortlisted
Monday 28 September
- Finalists announced
- Tickets on sale for Awards Presentation and Celebration event
Friday 6 November
- Awards Presentation and Celebration event
- Forum North Whangarei
Wednesday 2 December
- Winners & sponsors networking evening
Westpac Northland Business Champions 2020 is proudly presented by